Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Components and Libraries for Physics Development, discussions, problems and suggestions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Newbie - SIGSEGV error Box2d examples (+NDS/WII?) 11 years 8 months ago #2206

• Andy
  • Andy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi

I think this project is great!

I'm using win xp (32 bit) and have run the 2.70 install and have the lararus for win32 (big ide).

1st problem :-

When compiling
C:\codetyphon\CodeOcean\Box2D\samples\e_PingPong
from lazarus I get :-

project b2PingPong.exe raised exception class "External: SIGSEGV".
At address 5ED8D917

2nd problem - I've run the "crossbuild for arm-nds" and I have the "cross element for arm-nds" in CT Center - but the "libndsfpc" seems to be misisng.

Extract from the command box

C:/codetyphon/fpc/bin/i386-win32/make.exe -C libndsfpc clean
make.exe[1]: Entering directory `C:/codetyphon/fpcsrc/packages/libndsfpc'
make.exe[1]: Leaving directory `C:/codetyphon/fpcsrc/packages/libndsfpc'
makefile:205: *** The Makefile doesn't support target arm-nds, please run fpcmake first. Stop.
C:\codetyphon\fpc\bin\i386-win32\make.exe: *** [libndsfpc_clean] Error 2
C:\codetyphon\fpc\bin\i386-win32\make.exe: Leaving directory `C:/codetyphon/fpcsrc/packages'

Also, if I open the "fpc package matrix" I can see the libnds isn't selected for any target. (And I can't see HOW to enable it).

I think its the same for the wii packages also (ie not selected)

3rd suggestion

In the past I've had severval shortcuts which started lazarus with different "config location" parameters - & I confurgied each so that the defualt config was setup for win32 and also nds.
Your guide mentions setting up android and setting up various paths - and this is bascially the same as is needed for nds and wii.
Would be be possibily to define some additional "lazarus configs" which would let you use the larzus IDE for entering code and compiling for these GUI systems. (Ie each lararuz-android, laraus-nds etc would have separate ide settings which specify default search/libray paths etc).

4th Lazarus is missing the "wii" target in the dropdown?

5th Initially CT didn't install from C:\codetyphon\setup.bat - the "make" being used was from some other location in my path variable (DEVKITPRO).

But by running this batch file

set path=C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem
start setup.bat

it installed OK - so I wonder if the install batch files are adding the fpc-bin utils directories to the end of the path vraiable - rather than adding them to the front?

Thanks for a really great product though!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: