Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Components and Libraries for Networking Development, discussions, problems and suggestions
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Bluetooth capability. Where is it? 6 years 6 days ago #11542

• Graham
  • Graham's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi,

I've been using CT for about a year now, and recently picked up a requirement to use bluetooth communication. I have done some extensive online trawling for a suitable package and information regarding the implementation of bluetooth. Serial comms such as UART, USB and Ethernet protocols are well supported, yet strikingly, I can find very little (if anything) with regard to Bluetooth. I have not only looked at CT, but also Lazarus pages and FPC in general.

Even Lazarus's Hardware page (wiki.freepascal.org/Hardware_Access) does not mention Bluetooth at all! For such a mature and well established communication protocol, I was really expecting to find a suitable package or at least non graphical library component that takes care of detecting available Bluetooth ports (if any) and negotiating a connection, porting data through to the app etc. The closest I have been able to find is a package called TLazSerial however this is not in CT as standard (or at least it does not appear to be). It also concerns me that at least 1 forum user states it is not compatible with Raspberry Pi, which is an ARM based SBC, and ultimately I do want to use an ARM based tablet for my application (Running a Linux flavour such as Ubuntu), so the TLazSerial package may be a no go.

To clarify, I am more or less completely ignorant when it comes to Bluetooth (apart from end user experience of course), however I am sure that the OS takes care of pairing devices etc. Once paired, the OS must then make the Bluetooth connection available, I think.

As an example, I have been using this resource (albeit for Python programmers) which is quite informative, and everything prior to where they start actually using Python code goes a long way to lay down some ground rules: people.csail.mit.edu/albert/bluez-intro/

IE although I can find a fair amount of information regarding Bluetooth in general (eg specification) how we actually use it within the context of FPC / Code Typhon is a complete mystery.

Of all the incredible libraries/packages included with CT, is there any support for Bluetooth? If so, where is the documentation?

Thank you for an otherwise very useful IDE and FPC solution. Much appreciated.

Regards,
Graham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Graham.

Bluetooth capability. Where is it? 6 years 6 days ago #11543

• Sternas Stefanos
  • Ex Pilot, M.Sc, Ph.D
  • Thank you received: 1100
Sorry Sir
but we can't help :blush:
Please, if you solve this, give us your light...
PilotLogic Architect and Core Programmer

Bluetooth capability. Where is it? 4 years 7 months ago #13649

• George Christodoulou
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi
The only way to access bluetooth is the spp profile .
Bluetooth acts as serial port.
Follow instructions in this link
scribles.net/setting-up-bluetooth-serial...ile-on-raspberry-pi/
I have tested it and works fine.
Δεν θα πέθαινα ποτέ για τα πιστεύω μου, γιατί μπορεί να είναι λάθος.

Last edit: by George Christodoulou.

Bluetooth capability. Where is it? 4 years 7 months ago #13650

• Matis A.
  • Thank you received: 145
Thanks George
PilotLogic Core Programmer

Last edit: by Matis A..
  • Page: