Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
CodeTyphon MS Windows (Win7, Win8.x, Win10 and Win11) OS Development, discussions and problems
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Win_DSPack PROBLEM 8 years 10 months ago #7308

• milen
  • milen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
I use CodeTpyhon 5.2, Typhon32 and Typhon64 on Windows 7 64bit, and Typhon32 on Windows XP (32 bit), the result is same:

1. When click on property BaseFilter of the component Filter in Object Inspector, an error message opens with text: "Resource "INPUT" not found"
2. I try to run example ASFCapture, it runs, discover my Device (WEB Camera) and when I select it - fatal error (not proper type cast or directly SIGNEV).

I see that this is problem at least from 2 years until now, but please for any answer - is it any way to work with DSPack with Lazarus (Typhon)?

Is there any ready to use reliable way to capture pictures from Web Camera with Typhon, that will work on modern operating systems and will keep functionality in the next versions of this product?

For me is very strange from many years that the Lazarus, and also in commercial Delphi there is no embedded possibility for work with multimedia. All are third-party, non-operating components, erroneously imported code from C++... The very high performance of the Pascal will be incredibly useful in Multimedia in our days, it is the most used area in computers. In this way may understand that people use Java, even with its lower performance and impossibility to generate stand-alone applications, but is equipped with well-operating simple libraries that just work...

Please, excuse me for my little essay :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Win_DSPack PROBLEM 8 years 10 months ago #7309

• Sternas Stefanos
  • Ex Pilot, M.Sc, Ph.D
  • Thank you received: 1100
Thanks Sir
1)-Update your CodeTyphon, to ver 5.30 (has many pl_Win_DSPack changes)
2)-pl_Win_DSPack don't work with Lazarus (not the same pascal level)
3)-Typhon IDE it's NOT the same with Lazarus
4)-Lazarus is Lazarus, Delphi is Delphi and CodeTyphon is CodeTyphon

"For me is very strange from many years that the Lazarus, and also in commercial Delphi there is no embedded possibility for work with multimedia. All are third-party, non-operating components, erroneously imported code from C++... The very high performance of the Pascal will be incredibly useful in Multimedia in our days, it is the most used area in computers. In this way may understand that people use Java, even with its lower performance and impossibility to generate stand-alone applications, but is equipped with well-operating simple libraries that just work..."

Look at these CodeTyphon pictures and have fun...
PilotLogic Architect and Core Programmer

Last edit: by Sternas Stefanos.

Win_DSPack PROBLEM 8 years 10 months ago #7311

• milen
  • milen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
The CodeTyphon is great project and my most favorite developer environment, but...

I install the last version (5.3). On Windows 7 64.

Typhon32 compile DSPack example Playcap (for example), run normally, gives some strange results - the web camera image rotates in the window - some fashion effect... I don't know, will learn the DSPack...

But in this time Typhon64 run the example, and after some second, gives SIGFPE (on other example - SIGSEGV). The windows stays black.

I don't know, may be because I have not install any codecs on my machine, the driver of the web camera is installed but until now I use only VLC player, it has all codecs inside self...

P.S. About the 1. error - now the BaseFilter in Object Inspector opens normally.
P.S.S. I have some problems with that my user folder name is not on Latin, I was wrote for this in the forum, and successfully install the CT, but it also may have some hidden problems because of this...

• Page: