Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
CodeTyphon MS Windows (Win7, Win8.x, Win10 and Win11) OS Development, discussions and problems
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Non english USER name problem solved! Glassdocking 9 years 1 month ago #6732

• milen
  • milen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
I install CodeTyphon 64 and 32 on Windows 7 64 bit. My USER account name has non-latin letters and the Typhon 32 can't create GlassDocking file. I search where this file must be. In the C:\users\XX\AppData\typhon (XX is my non English user name)
here has folder typhon 64 with such file (GlassDocking…), and my typhoon64 works properly, but typhoon 32 – do not work. I COPIED this typhon64 folder and rename its copy to typhon32. Now typhon32 works properly!

For users that do not have typhoon64 or it is not work also, I recommend to create new administrator user with english name, then run the typhones, after that to copy the folder(s) typhone32(64) from the C:\users\AppData\NewUser\typhon to the C:\users\XX\AppData\typhon.
And at the end enter in the old user, and delete the new. All will work properly.

I.e. the GlassDocking file can't be created but if it also exists, it is properly accessible. This work for me and because I see many peoples with the same problem, I decide to share my try.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Javor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Non english USER name problem solved! Glassdocking 9 years 1 month ago #6735

• Javor
  • M.Sc in Computer Science, (ex-)freelancer
  • Thank you received: 8
That's why I always name everything with latin letters. Windows was originally designed to be used in English :). As so it allows naming using other alphabets, but it may have a negative impact on further features.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: