CodeTyphon MacOS Development, discussions and problems
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Code Typhon fails to install on Apple MAC laptop 4 years 2 months ago #14388

• Graham
  • Graham's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi guys,

I've been using Code Typhon for about 18 months now and while I don't use it very often, I have certainly found it very useful when I do. Now today I have been trying to help somebody else install it on their computer. I am Ubuntu Linux based, and have never had a problem installing Code Typhon, however my friend has a MacOS laptop. We have tried the installation process twice, following the online instructions for Apple Mac. Apparently it doesn't really matter, as you use the same downloaded zip file to install regardless of which OS you are using. However when we get to the end of the build ALL process, we see a series of errors, and the links to start the program don't exist. We also noticed that it appears as if Windows style executables are being compiled (we found 2 CT .exe files on the system after the build process). See the attached screenshot below that shows the majority of errors.

To confirm we have also set the appropriate permissions as recommended, and i think that is working and obvious given how far along we get in the installation process (I may be wrong though...). Your advice is appreciated, as I am informally teaching the young man some coding, and Object Oriented Pascal is an excellent language. I do enjoy using your IDE, and hopefully when i see him again this coming weekend we can get this successfully installed on his Apple laptop.

Thanks again!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Code Typhon fails to install on Apple MAC laptop 4 years 2 months ago #14389

• Sternas Stefanos
  • Ex Pilot, M.Sc, Ph.D
  • Thank you received: 1101
Sir
please give us more info:

-CodeTyphon version ?
-MacOS version ?
-Laptop RAM ?
-etc

Did you follow this ?
PilotLogic Architect and Core Programmer

Last edit: by Sternas Stefanos.

Code Typhon fails to install on Apple MAC laptop 4 years 2 months ago #14397

• Graham
Hi Sternas, thanks for the response.

Code Typhon version is the latest (we downloaded it just prior to installation last Sunday, so version 7.00)
MacOS Version - Catalina
Laptop RAM - 8GB

Yes, we followed those exact instructions, twice. If we don't come right by the weekend I will have to try again, but I'm 95% sure we followed each step faithfully.

Code Typhon fails to install on Apple MAC laptop 4 years 2 months ago #14398

• Sternas Stefanos
  • Ex Pilot, M.Sc, Ph.D
OK
after CodeTyphon Installation
don't build anything with installation terminal

-Open CTCenter => CodeTyphon => "Remove and build ALL"

- If any problem, Save CTCenter Action Log more info
-Zip and attach here for more analysis...
Attachments:

Code Typhon fails to install on Apple MAC laptop 4 years 2 months ago #14409

• Graham
hmmm, only problem is that CT Centre does not exist. No shortcuts for Code Typhon have been created, and I've done a search through the files on the system and there is no CT centre and no Code Typhon executables or shortcuts.

If you look at my original screenshot (where i scrolled up a bit in the Installation terminal to give you a better view of some of the final operations and errors) you can see the installation fails to pick up the shortcuts it was supposed to have made. It's as if the machine is write protected and not permitting files/directory's to be created or changed. The rest of the machine works just fine though, so this problem is unique to CT.

If you think it will help, I can run the installation again, and scroll further up and try determine when the errors first occur, and hopefully what is going wrong.

Last edit: by Graham.

Code Typhon fails to install on Apple MAC laptop 4 years 2 months ago #14411

• Sternas Stefanos
  • Ex Pilot, M.Sc, Ph.D

Graham wrote: ..
If you think it will help, I can run the installation again, and scroll further up and try determine when the errors first occur, and hopefully what is going wrong.

Yes please

this our Launchpad screen

Attachments:

Code Typhon fails to install on Apple MAC laptop 4 years 1 month ago #14445

• Graham
Hi Sternas,

we had another go at the installation today. I thought we had found the problem, as we found we had to:

1. Type "agree" to the xcodebuild license (after running sudo xcodebuid -license) however you have to be careful to hit spacebar until you have "read" the entire license agreement before you an do so. IE don't hit q for quit! You may wish to mention this in your installation process.

2. xQuartz had a statement early on in the process in the terminal window that stated something along the lines of "this is now the default. change your details by using the following command..." Unfortunately I no longer have access to what that command (or message was) as the terminal window etc. was changed and previous commands were flushed. It is however all working as expected, and no longer comes up in the terminal window with the message/complaint about there being a new default.

Unfortunately we appear to still have all the same errors as before. It appears that very late in the CT installation process, the installer suddenly "forgets" where CT is installed and states it cannot find the directory (appears to be a null directory, or ""). I can confirm however that when we look under /usr/local/codetyphon there are files/directories installed there. As before, there are no icons or executables to be found in the GUI after the installation.

We double checked the credentials in the sudoers file, and the relative user is given ALL rights of access as instructed too.
I have attached a text file that shows the complete installation process, so hopefully this helps pinpoint what is going wrong.

Thanks, hopefully you can see where we are going wrong and what we can do to rectify the issue, as it has now been 2 weeks and still no joy.

Code Typhon fails to install on Apple MAC laptop 4 years 1 month ago #14446

• Sternas Stefanos
  • Ex Pilot, M.Sc, Ph.D
Did you run "install.sh" ?
because "setup.sh" report missing directories

Please
-Give "sudo" permissions to installation user
-Upzip CodeTyphonIns.zip (7.00)
-Go to CodeTyphonIns Directory
-run "install.sh" (sh ./install.sh)
-don't build anything from "setup.sh"
-open CodeTyphon Center from Launchpad and
-build ALL

We install and build CT on MacOS 10.15 Catalina 2-3 time per day
with this procedure

The above procedure it's the same to ALL Unix OSes, Linux, Solaris, OpenIndiana, FreeBSD..., etc

Code Typhon fails to install on Apple MAC laptop 4 years 1 month ago #14447

• Graham
We don't have CodeTyphon Centre showing in the Launchpad, as it has never been installed. The installation fails/breaks before it can create this. See the attached image for what I mean. Unfortunately this means I cannot run the installation from CodeTyphon Centre.

Yes, we have run ./install.sh several times, as instructed. In fact you can see the command in the text file that I attached in the previous message (2nd line). This text file is a grab of all text from the terminal window at the end of the installation attempt. This appears to work as we get as far as the options ("8) Remove and Build ALL" for example). when we install the libraries (option 0) this appears to work just fine, however when we run option 8 (Build All) the installation process appears to almost complete before failing with all the errors. Please refer to the attached text file from previous message for full details.

Permissions have been granted, but it still does not work. See attached image of sudoers.

Last edit: by Graham.

Code Typhon fails to install on Apple MAC laptop 4 years 1 month ago #14452

• Sternas Stefanos
  • Ex Pilot, M.Sc, Ph.D
I think we found the problem line 30-41
====================================================
              CodeTyphon Studio 
            Version 7.00 (GEN 7)
     Setup for Linux-Solaris-Openindiana-MacOS
          FreeBSD-NetBSD-OpenBSD-DragonFly
====================================================
[INFO]: Exract settings Zip file...
./setup.sh: line 19:   942 Killed: 9               sudo $v7zipexe x allzips/binsettings.7z -o$vCTDir/binSettings/ -y
[INFO]: Exract switcher Zip file...
./setup.sh: line 19:   996 Killed: 9               sudo $v7zipexe x allzips/binswitcher.7z -o$vCTDir/binSettings/ -y
[INFO]: Exract binCenter Zip file...

Open a terminal
sudo spctl --master-disable
to allow apps downloaded from Anywhere

Retry to install and build CodeTyphon

Code Typhon fails to install on Apple MAC laptop 4 years 1 month ago #14484

• Graham
Many thanks Sternas,
that did the trick and we now have Code Typhon installed on my friends MAC laptop. Thanks again for your efforts, much appreciated.

Regards,
Graham

Code Typhon fails to install on Apple MAC laptop 4 years 1 month ago #14486

• Sternas Stefanos
  • Ex Pilot, M.Sc, Ph.D
Have fun Sir

• Page: