Username: Password: Remember me
General Purpose Components and Libraries, discussions, problems and suggestions
  • Page:

TOPIC:

TurboPower AsyncPro 11 years 10 months ago #1953

• Victor Feria
  • Victor Feria's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I have been using subject communication components for years. Has anyone ported this to CodeTyphon? If not, can you direct me to an equivalent component?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: TurboPower AsyncPro 11 years 10 months ago #1967

• Konstantinos Papadoulas
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 19
Hi Sir,

you can use the Synapse Serial (Non Visual) components. These are already included in the CT Installation. Of course it will not fully substitute the TurboPower AsyncPro suite but with little effort it will do your job.

Re: TurboPower AsyncPro 11 years 10 months ago #1974

• avra
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
AsyncPro is unfortunately too much tied to Windows, so I guess the best approach would be to implement a new component that would mimic most important properties/methods/events of AsyncPro using it's naming convention but exploiting Synapse at the lower level. That would also allow cross platform.

Re: TurboPower AsyncPro 11 years 10 months ago #1976

• Konstantinos Papadoulas
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 19
I agree with that.
It would be really nice to see AsyncPro like components based on Synapse package.

Re: TurboPower AsyncPro 11 years 10 months ago #1982

• Tom
  • Thank you received: 3

papadouk wrote: I agree with that.
It would be really nice to see AsyncPro like components based on Synapse package.

You can check
sdpo-cl.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/sdpo-cl
Serial async component based on Synaser.

5DPO Component Library.

This library includes a serial communication component (TSdpoSerial), an IEEE1394 camera component (TSdpoVideo1394), an UVC video driver component (TSdpoVideo4L2) and a Gtk form component (TSdpoFastForm).
TSdpoSerial allows asynchronous communication using a serial port based on Synaser. Works in Linux and Windows.
TSdpoVideo1394 makes a connection between Lazarus and libdc1394. Allows the control of IEEE 1394 based cameras that conform to the 1394-based Digital Camera Specifications (also known as the IIDC or DCAM Specifications). Works only in Linux.
TSdpoVideo4L2 allows the control of UVC compliant USB cameras, tested with Logitech Quickcam Orbit/Sphere AF, Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000, Logitech Quickcam Ultra Vision and Acer CrystalEye webcam (Acer Aspire One). For more information go to linux-uvc.berlios.de/. Works only in Linux.
TSdpoFastForm creates a Gtk window that is useful for fast painting of images (like the ones from the camera) and allows full control of the paint action, useful for real-time image processing. Works only in Linux.
TSdpoJoystick enables the access to a joystick's axis and buttons. Works in Windows and Linux.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Konstantinos Papadoulas

• Page: