Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General discussions, feature requests for CodeTyphon Project and discussions that don't fit in any of the other specific CodeTyphon forum categories.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

IDE Form View: How to set form height 3 years 2 weeks ago #15648

• Graham
  • Graham's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,
I updated to the latest version of CT yesterday (great IDE, thank you!). This is now Code Typhon Version 7.3 (running FPC Version 3.3.1). I have installed it on my Windows 10 laptop.

I have been configuring the main form, and yesterday I was playing with some settings in an attempt to disable the users ability to change the form/windows size (IE fixed height and width). It's been a while since I used CT/Delphi, however once I jogged my memory, I remembered that you can disable the users ability to change size by setting the forms BorderStyle parameter. After doing this I later noticed that I am unable to vary the forms height at design time, as seen in the IDE. I can vary the width of the form, but not the height. I have tried unsetting various settings (including setting BorderStyle back to bsSizeable) but the option to click and drag the bottom of the form is simply gone. I have noticed there is an option to set the height (currently set to 1048) and I can change it there, but I seem to have broken the IDE's ability to vary the height in form view by clicking and dragging the little blue outline that runs around the parimeter of the form. Restarting the IDE does not help either, and I know when I first installed CT yesterday that I most certainly had the option to vary the forms height. 

The image above shows a blue encircled area where the blue horizontal line (as pointed out by red arrow) is missing

How can I restore this? Thanks guys!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Graham.

IDE Form View: How to set form height 3 years 2 weeks ago #15649

• Graham
  • Graham's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hmmm, I seem to have resolved my own issue, but I'm not sure if it was by accident or if this is the normal/Expected IDE mechanism for re-enabling the ability to drag/drop the height of the form. I plugged in a few different values for the height parameter in the form (in an attempt to set it to the height I wanted) and the little blue (click/drag) line re-appeared at the bottom of my form! I have since fixed the size of the form (using the BorderStyle parameter) so the user is not able to change the size of the form at runtime, and the horizontal line is still there at the bottom of the form in the IDE, so I am not sure what I did yesterday to make this disappear. Nevertheless, the fix has been to play with the height value/parameter for the form.

IDE Form View: How to set form height 3 years 2 weeks ago #15651

• Sternas Stefanos
  • Ex Pilot, M.Sc, Ph.D
  • Thank you received: 1100
In Next CT LAB release we have more improves for Typhon IDE Embedded Form Designer.
PilotLogic Architect and Core Programmer

• Page: