Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Components and Libraries for Database Development, discussions, problems and suggestions
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Asisstance with error on simple DB Project 9 years 9 months ago #5708

• Andre Southgate
  • Andre Southgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi

After a LONG break from development I am trying my hand for a simple project. I used to write in pascal/delphi so switched to using Lazarus. I am very very rusty almost a beginner again.

My project is a single form with a DBgrid, and potentially 3 drop down DB COmbo boxes which filter the grid. I have the DBGrid displaying the SQL Query I want, but I can't get the DBComboDropDown to populate with the SQL in the SQLQuery component, despite it returning good example results. I suspect the reason the dropdown isn't populating is that I can't set the SQLquery as "active". When I try it won't change to active but I get no error. When I compile the application I either get an error when I start or when I click the button to close the project, The error I get is :

"The RollBack Transaction request has no corresponding Begin Transaction"

A quick google suggested I could stop that by setting the SQLtransaction Component "action" property to caNone, but that didn't help.

I am fairly new back to this so simple explanations would definitely help thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: