CodeTyphon Cross-Build Development, discussions and problems
  • Page:

TOPIC:

A very basic demo 11 years 10 months ago #2055

• 4aiman
  • 4aiman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Comix creator
  • Thank you received: 12
So, I'm the owner of nds now (yeah, I know it's an old thing, but I got it 3 times cheaper ;)).
And I was intented to check cross-compile capabilities of CT.
I went to the Nintendo DS - Free Pascal Wiki and started a new project. Nothing special, just a template - I've copied this from the page above.
program Project1;
{$mode objfpc}
uses
  ctypes, nds9;

begin

end.

Then there goes this:

From the menu Project->Project options...->Compiler options select "NoGUI" as LCL widget type

Never found where to set this one though.

Move on Compiler options->Code then select "arm" as Target CPU and "nds" as Target OS

Done.

Move on Compiler options->Other then check "Use additional Compiler Config file", writing the config file of your nds compiler (maybe something like c:\lazarus\fpc\2.4.0\bin\arm-nds\fpc.cfg). Lazarus will complain about some conflicting names, but just do ok and all will be fine

Never found where it is. Tried to search, but in "C:\codetyphon\fpc\bin" dir there's no "arm-nds" folder. And "C:\codetyphon\bin\bincross\win32-arm-nds" does not contain "fpc.cfg". So, what should I do?

From the menu Run->Run parameters...->Local->Host Application select your emulator with full path (something like c:\desmume\desmume.exe)

Okay, I've got Desmuse (and No$GBA too) and typed path to the first one.

Put $ProjPath()\$NameOnly($ProjFile()).nds on "Command line parameters" field

Done.

What should I do to compile this empty project for the NDS target?

P.S. Here the author claimed he has an example for nds programming, but I found only GBA one. Do not really want to mess up with c++ (I understand it's syntax, but it's weird for me to use something different than dots to separate methods, so it's allways frustrating)
コンソールマニアック

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by 4aiman.
  • Page: